What are fire fighting systems in buildings?
The main goal of setting up fire extinguishing systems is to reduce the great danger resulting from various fires, protect the lives of individuals present in the facility, in addition to reducing the losses that may befall the building as a result of the fire.
FireTech – the best company for executing fire systems projects in Egypt – confirms that firefighting and alarm systems are absolutely indispensable in facilities, specifically service facilities, which are more vulnerable to fires than others.
What are the types of fire fighting systems in buildings?
Fire project implementation companies always strive to provide the highest levels of safety in all facilities of different activities, so the types of fire extinguishing systems using the material designated for extinguishing differ and the types of fire systems are as follows:
Fire fighting system using water pumps:
This type of fire extinguishing system relies on a group of water pumps (fire pumps) with special specifications to push water in order to deal with the fire through pipes and sprinklers that are operated by electric motors to maintain the water pressure level.
Water fire fighting system:
The water fire extinguishing system differs from the fire system in buildings using pumps – this type of fire system depends on water spray while relying on the force of pressure to extinguish fires.
Co2 fire fighting system:
The design of the CO2 fire extinguishing system is based on carbon dioxide gas, as it helps lower the temperature, which helps extinguish the fire.
These cylinders are filled with gas in liquid form, but it turns into gas when a fire breaks out.
This type of fire system is usually used in Fires caused by electrical short circuits.
Design of co2 fire extinguishing system
The design of the CO2 fire extinguishing system is one of the types of fire extinguishing systems that rely on gas to extinguish fires.
The design of the CO2 fire extinguishing system consists of the following:
- The fire alarm bell and its network of wires and pipes.
- Cylinders containing carbon dioxide gas.
- The piping network responsible for discharging gas in the event of a fire
Fire fighting system using FM200 gas.
Design of the FM200 fire extinguishing system:
The FM200 fire extinguishing system is designed in places where electrical fires are high, and it is also suitable for extinguishing fires of solid materials, so it is preferable to install this type of fire extinguishing system in banks, museums, hospitals, and control and monitoring rooms.
Foam fire fighting systems:
Foam fire-fighting systems are a type of fire-extinguishing system, which relies on a group of air-filled bubbles made up of an aqueous solution.
It’s most important feature is that it has a lower density than liquids, which makes it capable of separating the air, cooling it, and stopping the outbreak of fire.
Components of the fire fighting system in buildings
Most types of fire extinguishing systems are similar in their components, but differ depending on the material used in the extinguishing process.
The components of the fire fighting system in buildings are the following:
- The first component of the fire extinguishing system is the audio alarm system, which alerts individuals to the presence of a fire inside the building and the need to evacuate it immediately.
- Among the components of the fire fighting system is the equipment used to extinguish the fire, whether through fire extinguishers or automatic sprinklers.
- Also among the components of fire extinguishing systems in buildings are supply pipes and drainage networks.
What are the prices of fire fighting systems in Egypt?
There is a difference in the prices of fire fighting systems in Egypt between one fire projects company and another, and prices are determined based on several factors, including:
- The type of fire fighting system required.
We find that fire fighting systems in hospitals differ from factories that contain chemicals and others.
- Type of fire-fighting systems/mechanical, manual, and other types used.
- The area of the place where the fire fighting system is to be placed.
- The efficiency and experience of the company supplying and responsible for installing the fire-fighting system.
- Quality of materials from which the fire fighting system is made.
FireTech, the best fire project implementation company, recommends that those wishing to obtain a fire fighting system in buildings should rely on a fire systems company in Egypt that has extensive experience in this field to ensure obtaining the expected results and to avoid any additional damage that may occur as a result of the system not working efficiently. During the outbreak of fire.